Saturday, August 1, 2020

More about Fer.al


Hey Jammers!

Well, what do you know! A post two days in a row! Today’s is going to be a bit shorter than yesterday’s, though. 

Now, you might remember I said I wouldn’t be posting about Fer.al. Well, I lied. Kinda. After this post, I probably won’t be posting about it much more: after all, it is the Animal Jam Breeze, not the Fer.al Breeze. But I wanted to briefly discuss a few things I like about the game.  

The first thing is my favorite: the community. One of the first days I was on the game in early June (within a week of starting) I popped into Centuria (the slightly weirder, larger Fer.al equivalent of the pillow room) because I had never been there before. When I entered and after all the characters loaded, I was greeted by a row of players dressed in the colors of various pride flags sitting together on the stage. I had time, so I quickly threw together a nonbinary-flag-themed outfit (yellow, white, purple, and black if you didn’t know) on my kitsune and joined them. Everyone welcomed me and returned to shouting “happy pride month!” (again, early June). On the same day, I logged into both Animal Jam and Play Wild, threw together rainbow looks, and shouted happy pride in Jamaa Township. It censored the word “pride.”  So I eventually got around the censors, but no one joined me. Now, this is likely due to the age difference between the games, but it was interesting nonetheless. I also feel like a system of rarity has yet to develop as concretely as that of AJ, so I feel like people are also generally more friendly on Fer.al so far. Not dumping on AJ, I still prefer Animal Jam, but it’s interesting. 

The second thing is the dens, or “sanctuaries.” I honestly love the fact that we can expand and add rooms/floors as we go, as well as the fact that we have an outdoor and an indoor area, although I’d love to see more free sanctuary types (all the additional sanctuary types cost real money). And I like the way it’s 3D too - I know the whole game is 3D, but it’s a nice change from AJ’s more flat dens, although I prefer the creativity and freedom AJ’s dens provide. 

The last thing is the art style. I love the gorgeous, almost alien  but also natural landscapes. My favorite land has to be Mugmyre Marsh, although Lakeroot Valley is a close second (it’s too easy to get lost in the valley in my opinion). I also love the designs of the animals in general, especially the senri and the dragon. 

Anyway, that’s it for today. I will, however, continue my tradition of posting interesting baby animals, so enjoy this baby ball python :)


Hopefully I’ll start posting more often! Next post is back to AJ, don’t worry! :)

Amhdolphin

5 comments:

  1. So cool about the pride flag people on Fer.al!! I love all the customization you can do with your character.
    Though it's so un-cool how AJ censored "pride", like what the heck. You can literally have "pride" in your animal name... I hope it was some kind of blip in the chat filter.

    Something I also noticed in June was that the bundle in AJ Classic was a rainbow raccoon, maybe like a subtle nod to pride month but not so clear that certain people would get offended.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. The decals are awesome.
      It really is. I hope it was a blip, because "proud" wouldn't work either and that doesn't make a ton of sense, so I think it might have been a blip. Now that I think about it, though, it probably was a blip because they were okay enough to put in a nonbinary Alpha (which is awesome).

      Yeah, I noticed that too. Like the lifeguard chair a few years back with a rainbow umbrella that was released in June.

      Delete
  2. Yeah. The decals are awesome.
    It really is. I hope it was a blip, because "proud" wouldn't work either and that doesn't make a ton of sense, so I think it might have been a blip. Now that I think about it, though, it probably was a blip because they were okay enough to put in a nonbinary Alpha (which is awesome).

    Yeah, I noticed that too. Like the lifeguard chair a few years back with a rainbow umbrella that was released in June.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've noticed lots of people celebrating pride in fer.al too which I think is awesome :D I agree with you guys about the word pride being censored in aj, I hope its a blip. At least we get some rainbow themed items in June and a non binary alpha!

    ReplyDelete