Monday, May 13, 2019

Do you remember when...

Hey Jammers!

When I first got the idea of starting a blog, I knew I would have to do a post like this. I’m basically just going to post a bunch of features from when I was a new player (June 2013). In the comments, say which one is your favorite and maybe I’ll do a more in-depth post about whichever is most popular :)

I also might just start a series of posts going more in-depth with these... Who knows?

Do you remember when...

-new jammers were introduced to the game on the Blue Heron boat?
-you had to go to the Adventure Base Camp through the party menu/Lost Temple of Zios because it wasn’t in the map yet? (funny thing—I still call the Adventure Base Camp “Adventure Beta” in my head because that’s what it said on the party menu when I was a new player)
-there was no “epic jamaaliday house” or “epic haunted mansion,” just the jamaaliday/gingerbread house and epic haunted mansion?
-animals had puzzled/clues before they were released? (e.g. finding the letters to spell “goat” in the Jamal Journal, the puzzle for the deer, finding the arctic fox shape where the seal shape was in Mt. Shiveer, etc.)
-the Jamaa Journal actually looked good and not like a slab of wood?
-there was that glitch when eagles were first released when the flying-animals-only shop in Coral Canyons was accessible by normal animals by running off of the bridge?
-having a den on the epic deans list actually meant something?
-the Daily Explorer had those awesome diamond challenges and reporter things (I entered several times, but I never won :P) and if you got selected for the reporter thing you got a camera badge for your animal name tag?
-Sarepia Forest was always full to the brim with clan roleplayers? (there always seems to be less now)
-members got a diamond every Tuesday instead of 1-6 every day?
-the Daily Explorer was actually daily?
-the Daily Explorer had the awesome craft posts (was that called AJ Academy?) every so often?
-we got animals maybe once every 1-2 months instead of a retexture every 2-4 weeks?
-we had 200 or so den/clothing slots? That’s one change I’m happy with :P

And I’m going to stop there. I may do a follow-up post with more later, but this is it for now.
Comment your favorite memory below! And since I have very few commenters, that will be about 1-2 comments, but still.

Amhdolphin

3 comments:

  1. Let's see...

    - The Blue Heron boat, of course!
    - Was this when the Adventure Base Camp was still for members?
    - The 'epic' in the names make it sound more special haha.
    - Oh I felt so accomplished finishing up that slide puzzle!
    - I do miss the old Jamaa Journals! I should attempt to salvage old screenshots...
    - Glitches that let you fly? Ah, those were the times...
    - Being on the Epic Den list was such a huge thing! There's always so many people and sometimes the owners would greet the people...
    - The Daily Explorer changed so much, it's insane...
    - Roleplayers always exist! Even until today!
    - I wasn't a member but I thought it was every Wednesday, but I'm probably wrong!
    - Yes to the rest of the Daily Explorer stuff.
    - Animals used to come slowly, not even 2 months I think! Such a rare occurrence it would create a hype.
    - NM still have 100 clothing slots, I think...? Was it 200? Technically 200 den items, one for underwater, one for land, but merged.

    Also! To reply to people, instead of making a new comment, hit the reply button! I think it notifies people with Blogger accounts that you actually reply to them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Couple responses.. :P
      Base camp-I don’t think so, because it was only 1-2 weeks old when I joined and I remember going, even though I only became a member about a year later
      Roleplayers-They do still exist, but what I was saying was that there aren’t quite so many (remember when Aldan’s Sarepia Forest was always full? Now it’s rarely full)
      Member diamonds-I remember it as Tuesday but who knows? *shrug*
      Animals-I miss that hype :’)

      I know, I thought I hit the button on previous comments but I guess I didn’t XD

      Delete
    2. AH! Apologies, I misread and misunderstood your point about the adventure base!
      Aldan, Congo and... one more. Crazy roleplaying servers.

      Delete